HEADPHONES AMPLIFIER HPA V281
Front silver or black
Feet silver or black or gold
Volume control manual or
- remote controlled with motor potentiometer or
- remote controlled with 128-step relay attenuator
The HPA V281 was developped with the target to enable ultimate transmission quality for low- , medium- and high-impedance headphones.
Due to its specific, variable, low-noise and low-distortion circuit design especially optimised for dynamic headphones, the HPA V281 fulfils even most sophisticated demands.
HPA V281 is one of the few headphones amps made in Germany offering a balanced headphone output !!
Furthermore HPA V281 offers selectable inputs and an output management.
because of low internal gain.
Therefore the self generated noise from the amplifer is not audible.
HIGH OUTPUT VOLTAGE
through 60 Volt internal operating voltage.
Therefore best suited for high impedance headphones.
Over 90 % of all headphone amplifiers in the market offer not half that voltage !!
HIGH OUTPUT POWER
because of powerful amplifiers able to deliver much more current a headphone needs.
Therefore best suited for low impedance headphones and even magnetostatic cans !!
HIGH DAMPING FACTOR
through lowest output impedance.
Therefore best suited for full control even over critical headphones with the garantee to have flatest possible response.
HPA V281 Features:
- Balanced inputs with gold-plated Neutrik XLR connectors
- Unbalanced inputs with gold-plated RCA connectors
- Balanced line outputs with gold plated XLR connectors
- Unbalanced line outputs with gold plated RCA connectors
- Line outputs assignable to be with fixed or variable level
- 6 optional digital audio inputs 24 Bit / 96 or 192 kHz
- 3 switchable inputs with dedicated buttons on the front
- PRE-GAIN = switchable input gain in five steps
- Independent channel design
- ALPS RK27 High-Grade motorized volume control
- ALPS RK27 High Grade balance control
- High-Quality op-amps in the signal path
- High-quality MKP capacitors in the signal path
- 0.1 and 1% metal film resistors throughout the unit
- Discrete-design power amp with 32 transistors for audio purposes
- 4 amplifiers for true balanced headphone output
- 2 silver-plated Neutrik headphone outputs
- 1 gold plated Neutrik 4-pin XLR output
- Relay-based headphone output cut- off with delayed switch-on
- output management with dedicated buttons on the front:
line outputs active, headphone outputs active, both active, both off (Mute)
- 2 x Large toroidal transformer (15 + 25 W)
- Large filtering capacitors in the power supply (36.000 uF)
- Switchable ground lift
- Rugged aluminium case with Nextel coating
- Solid, laser-engraved aluminium front panel
The inputs and outputs are situated on the rear panel, they are equipped with electronically balanced gold plated XLR connectors and unbalanced gold plated RCA connectors.
This amp may be additionally equipped with one of six different digital inputs:
Coaxial, optical or USB with either 24/96 kHz or 24/192 kHz
Balanced and unbalanced line outputs on the rear panel. These can be set to have fixed output level (mirrored from the input) or variable output level from the volume control.
Volume control is provided with a high-grade ALPS RK 27 pot with a large full metal rotary knob.
Additionally a balance control serves to correct the stereo image.
V281 incorporates 4 times the award winning famous 8-transistor (per channel) amps from V200 for a smooth and relaxed sound stage und true balanced headphone outputs.
The output management enables the amp to act as your personal preamp when desired.
Feel free to activate the headphones outputs or the line outputs independently from each other with dedicated buttons on the front panel.
Lots of protection circuits will care for the safe operation of your headphones.
Two headphones may be connected via 1/4" jacks on the front panel.
One balanced headphone may be connected via a 4-pin XLR socket on the front panel.
Case and back panel are made of aluminium and are Nextel coated.
The 8 mm aluminum frontpanel is milled, sand blasted and anodized.
The labeling is laser engraved.